Sunday 4 March 2012

Well trying to keep up with this blogging is a bit of a nightmare. I make a card and take the pictures, then it takes ages for me to remember to upload the pictures and then add them to my blog. I could really do with a computer permanently in the craft room, but think thats a bit of wishful thinking really.

I made this birthday card a few nights ago and I am only just getting round to putting on this blog, oh well better late than never I suppose.

There is quite a bit of heat embossing again as I am enjoying playing around with this technique at the minute. So first I embossed some chipboard flower shapes, using gold and burgundy embossing powders.

Then I embossed a paper doily with the burgundy embossong powder, let it dry, then embossed on top of this with the gold embossing powder.


Next I cut two scalloped square borders using the sizzix big shot. The large border is white paperstock and the smaller frame is with pink paperstock. Then the image was added. The image is taken from the 'fizzy moon' decoupage collection. The white frame is placed and then the small pink frame is placed inside the white one but ofset diagonally, with the image in the middle if this. To look like below




You can see the depth of the decoupage image in this next picture.

The last parts to make were the sentiment and the flowers. The sentiment was backed onto card the same colour as the card blank and cut out the same shape. Then I made three flowers using pre-cut petal shapes and glitter brads for the centres.


All that was left was to then put all the elements of the card together on burgandy card blank. Half the card blank was then covered with a gold patterned paper and edged with gold glitter peel off edging. The embossed paper doily was then placed on top of this paper, slightly overhanging the righthand edge. The scalloped frames were then arranged to the right of the doily. Then in the left hand corner place the 'happy bithday' sentiment and arrange the three flowers underneath the sentiment in a cureve. The finished card is as below.



Hope you like it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment