Sunday, 30 September 2012

Fingers crossed

Keep your fingers crossed for me everyone!!!
 I have just entered a card for my very FIRST design team challenge over at the Dandy Doodlers FB group.
Very nervous and excited about the whole idea of possibly being a member of a DT!!
The picture will follow once the winners have been announced so that it is fair for all that enter, only got to wait a couple more days till we find out................
Not sure if my nerves will withold the wait though lol!!!!
This is a big challenge for me as I am very self critical and never feel my crafting is at a good enough standard for DTs, so here's hoping xx

Good Luck

A little project arose when I was told that a recently gained friend was going to be leaving our slimming group (she was the consultant too) also that would mean that our fab weigh in girl would be leaving too as the new consultant would be bringing in her own team. :(

Well I couldn't let them leave with out a little something for them to remember me by even though we hadn't known each other for that long. Any excuse to get crafting lol!!!

I knew Sarah was a cat lover so I based her good luck card on a cat image I had and thought black and orange / yellow would be the best colours to use. Also it would give me a chance to use a few new skills I had seen at a Papercraft fair in our local area.

These were to use my new toy, the Woodware Craft Edger and to make my own roses out of card and a flower punch.

The roses were made using 7 flower shapes using the flower punch and giving them dimension with an embossing tool. Then pinch the end over with your tweezers and then layer the first five petals and stick with some good glue. The next to last petal needs to be scrunched slightly and the last petal needs to be scrunched tightly and then stuck in place.
Finished off with some gingham ribbon and a heart die cut and some burgundy stickles to make the sentiment to wish her good luck on the next step of her life journey.
For the 2nd card I decided on pinks and purples. Also found a fizzy moon decoupage image that I thought would be just perfect.
For the background I cut out the flower design from some Katie Knight paperstack I have had for a while.
Finished off with some silver rose glitter paper and black ribbon, with a pink flower attached with a brad and then 3 black jewels for the final touches.
Again the sentiment was written with lime green glitter stickles.
Had great fun making them and the girls absolutely loved them too xx

Saturday, 29 September 2012

Canvas Project

Well while I was on a roll of trying out new things I decided to have a go at a canvas that I had got at the bottom of a craft drawer that I had purchased months ago.

My favourite crafty colour at the time is pinks and purples so decided that would be the base colour for the canvas so took about distress inking the whole canvas with 'spun sugar' and then used a corner flower mask and the 'aged mahogany' distress ink over the mask and in the centre to leave the pattern showing in the 'spun sugar' shade.

Then die cut two scalloped edged squares of different sizes in a pink and silver shiny rose paper. Stamped a 'Lily of the Valley' image on white card and coloured with Promarker and then backed on black card. Placed the papers at angles and then added the image on the top with the imaged butterflies flying above the image as though flying away.

The canvas was beginning to take shape but I did feel that it still needed something. So i dug feep into my craft stash and found the gold butterflies and added them where felt the gaps were. At this point I thought I was done.

Oh how wrong I was. Decided the bottom of the image needed something so added a mixture of colours of paper flowers to compliment the background colour.
Surely I was finished now................
Well left it over night and went back to look at it and still wasn't happy so decided to add a little sparke to the canvas and to leave a trail from each butterfly. Decided on 'silver glitter stickles' for the blue butterflies trail and 'gold glitter stickles' for the gold butterflies.
Now it is finished..................................................
Well the day after, came in from work and was looking at the canvas and thought to myself that it was still missing something especially around the corners. So after some long thought and worry about spoiling what I had already created I took my 'burgundy glitter stickles' and made small dots in the centres of the flowers in each corner of the canvas.
Took a step back and HOORAY happy and finished xx
Just goes to show that even when you think you are finished you never can tell and don't be afraid of adding to something you have made.
Bye for now xx