Friday 17 February 2012

Mothers Day card (NAN)

Well it has been another productive afternoon in the small confinements of my craft space. Still practising with the embossing and after some lovely comments about my previous card I have kept the design very similar and just changed some small elements. Here is what it turned out like.


How did I do it I hear you ask lol!!!!

Well firstly I heat embossed 2 paper butterfly outlines. One with Candy Green powder and the other with Enchanted Gold powder. The Candy Green powder didn't take as well as the Gold but it gave it a crackled effect so  decided to stick with it.



I then cut the scalloped oval shape out of the leather effect green card stock with my Big Shot and then heat embossed embossed the edges of the shape with the Enchanted Gold. Next I stamped the panda image on the scalloped shape and again heat embossed it with the Enchanted Gold powder. Used some foam pads to lift it from the rest of the card and to give the card depth.


The rest of the card comprises of a piece of Laura Ashley paper, gold sparkly peel off edging strips, green gems and green / cream flower shapes and cream glitter brads. The letters of NAN were made with Bloom & Grow, My Mind's Eye chipboard letter shapes.
I arranged the letters and the image onto the packing paper first, and edged the backing paper with the peel off edging strips. I then used black ink to stamp the words 'WITH LOVE' underneath the raised image.


Lastly to complete the card, arranged the butterflies to the left of the card and finished the bottom corner with three flowers and the top corner with the green gems.

Hope you like the completed card.






No comments:

Post a Comment