Sunday 4 March 2012

New Arrival

Here is this afternoons creation. Inspired by the new arrival for a fellow football friend, I set to work to create a card to welcome the new born to their family.
Again there is a little heat embossing involved as I am getting quite obsessed about using this technique in my craft work now.
First I chose a blue card blank and the blue accessories I was going to use and to round scalloped paper doilies, 1 large and 1 small. The two paper doilies were then embossed using a silver embossing powder.
Two pieces of patterned paperstock were then chosen. I chose a blue paper with white spots and a blue and white check paper. The blues are a pale blue. The dotty paper was placed to the left going to just over the centre and then the check paper was placed as a diamond to the right of the dotty paper. Then the embossed doilies were placed next to each other, large to the right and the small to the left and slightly lower.
In the centre of the large doily I placed an image which was taken from the 'fizzy moon' decoupage collection and fixed using foam pads to give it depth.


On the smaller embossed doily I stamped an image of a baby on a pillow using just black ink.


Down the lefthand side of the card I placed a strip of blue flowered ribbon and added 3 blue ribbons using sticky dots. Then in the space above the small doily I made a flower from pre-cut large petal shapes and used a large brad.


In the space below the doilies I added to small baby handprint embellishments and then completed the card with the peel off sentiments 'congratulations' above the large doily and 'a baby boy' under the large doily' and finally a collection of sparkly stars in the top righthand corner of the card.

The final card


It took quite a long time to make but I am quite pleased with the final product. Hope you are too.




No comments:

Post a Comment